Monday, February 8, 2010

St. Lawrence Pizza and Pasta



I finally got up close and personal with the pizza at St. Lawrence Market. I ordered a pizza with green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and onions, the standard toppings for the comparison purposes of this hunt.

Graham and I are at odds: I am of the opinion that this pizza most closely tasted like "Cornwall Pizza". He is of the "Prairie Pizza" school and thought it was very good pizza, for Toronto, but refused to say it came close to what he is looking for.

If I'd requested double cheese (I just couldn't!) I'm sure it would have been the closest we've found so far. So, it didn't have the truly obscene amount of cheese required to hit the mark, but the pepperoni had the right seasoning and flavour and the crust was just the right sort of chewy.

They're only open until 6pm and they don't do delivery. An XL pizza is the only size available as they specialize in selling by-the-slice. A huge pizza with four toppings will set you back $22 and getting it home on the streetcar will be an experience you won't soon forget.

St. Lawrence Pizza and Pasta 416.368.3479
in the south-west corner of the south building

No comments:

Post a Comment